Fix VirtualBox - RTR3InitEx failed with rc=-1912 (rc=-1912)

If you try to install a new VirtualBox version, maybe you would have this issue:















In my case, I had VirtualBox 5.0 and I also installed version 5.2
Now, the only version that exists is PUEL (Oracle version).
For that reason, you need to remove choose between OSE (older version) or PUEL (new version).
In my case I choose OSE.

To fix it, just run in your terminal these commands:

dpkg -P virtualbox-dkms
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-dkms virtualbox-guest-additions-iso

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. For fresh debian version
    /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exception: Could not find a default OpenFlow controller in Mininet

How to fix Android when developer options are not available for this user

v4l2: open /dev/video0: Permission denied